POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama : Re: President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: President Obama
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 22 Jan 2009 16:39:23
Message: <4978e78b$1@news.povray.org>
news:4978b02c$1@news.povray.org...

> I've also heard (without substantiation on my part) that this is the first
> election where more than half the eligible general population actually
> cast a vote for the winner. So that's something.

Voter turnout in the US, even when relatively very high, is still fairly
low.  http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781453.html

When George Bush (not W) was elected, he won a majority of the popular vote
(meaning more than 50%).  I don't think that happened again until Obama's
election, as very close elections and 3rd party candidates got in the way.