POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spicy (hot) foods : Spicy (hot) foods Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Spicy (hot) foods
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 22 Jan 2009 16:14:31
Message: <4978e1b7@news.povray.org>
A couple years ago, we got a new Mexican restaurant in our small town.  It's
run by real Mexicans and their food is really good and relatively cheap.
It's my favorite place to eat for lunch now.  Yes, I'm also getting fatter
again.

Anyway, I've never been a big fan of spicy hot foods.  It just doesn't do
anything for me, except make my tongue hurt.  Others like it.  Fine.  So,
I've tried to adapt.  After eating there for 2 years (perhaps once a week),
the salsa still seems just as hot as it ever did.  I don't complain, but my
tongue burns and burns for 15 minutes or so.  Ok, so I'm still not used to
the hot foods, and it will take me a few more years to adapt, right?

Well, that's what I thought.  But no one else that I work with seems to have
it affect them.  Half of them don't even think there are any peppers in the
salsa.  No, they're not all male, trying to prove their masculinity.  In
fact, even my daughter (10 years old) doesn't seem to think it's hot.  They
gave her the mild salsa, and she preferred the hotter salsa.  Guess who
ended up eating the mild stuff...

Ok, so I'm a wimp.  Fine.  I'm cool with that.  But I really have to believe
that there must be something different about me.  My brother is very
similar, and in many ways, he's more of a "tough-guy" than I am.  Maybe I've
grown slightly more accustomed to the hotter spices, but how can I still
trail my 10 year old daughter who's rarely ever eaten spicy foods?  There's
got to be something more to it.