POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama : Re: President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: President Obama
From: Shay
Date: 22 Jan 2009 14:00:59
Message: <4978c26b@news.povray.org>
subject:   re: president obama
to:
cc:
bcc:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# don't remove this line #=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
jeremy "unclehoot" praay wrote:
> does this mean that the rest of the world will stop hating us (the
> usa) now?
>
> yes, it's a dumb question, but the bush hatred was so prevalent
> that if there were any other reasons to hate the us, they were
> overshadowed if not completely forgotten.
>
> bush may have been the worst president in my lifetime.

When you and I were in school, guys who liked thick butts were
considered "ghetto." Americans seem to have changed our minds about that
one and fallen in love with big bootys. And on the subject of
attraction, I very much doubt that Catherine Bach or Linder Carter would
make it as a sex symbol today. Clark Gable wouldn't have a chance.

My point is that the media are very powerful, and have, I believe,
changed something as fundamental as our sexual impulses by keeping us
saturated with what they want us to accept or believe.

I don't like W either, but I have to wonder if some of my dislike isn't
the result of exposure to eight years of "advertising" against him. I do
catch myself checking out some rather swollen backsides on occasion. :)

And the message from our government is an easy sell:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Dear American voter:
You've spent not only everything you've ever made in your life, but
everything you're going to make for the next 18 months. Now, impending
retirement, aging parents, college age kids, or some other evil is
making it uncomfortable to make your credit payments. Have no fear,
voter. We'll take money from people who make more than you AND people
who haven't been born yet and we'll lesson the burden of living above
your means.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hopefully we get more (less) than that, but that's exactly what we voted
for.  Barak articulated this message well, so the desperate consumers at
all income levels are very excited right now. They'll remain excited
until they retire, support the parents, or put the kids through college
and find that additional spending has made doing so no less hard than it
would have been without the emergency loan.

Panic Borrow Panic Borrow Panic Borrow. We NEED a new computer. We NEED
    a bigger car. We NEED double-pane insulated glass on the windows.
Always a new crisis; Always a new high from borrowing your way out of
it. That explains the mania. That explains why we believe other
countries MUST love our most recent savior - He gives GREAT loan. /Sorry
peoplewhohavenotbeenbornyet./

Of course, the non-US will love Obama, but that's because they're as
receptive to US media as they are to our fast food enterprises.

  -Shay