POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Warp
Date: 22 Jan 2009 13:12:48
Message: <4978b71f@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Warp escreveu:
> > nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> We're actually cruising unknown frontiers at speeds vastly superior to
> >> 200km/sec
> >
> >   With respect to what?
> >
> >   Motion is always relative.
> >
> to the center of the galaxy?

  Well, I suppose that since we are in a rotating frame of reference, and
given that it's physically possible (at least in theory) to determine an
inertial frame of reference centered at the center of our galaxy, we could
be moving at that speed with respect to this inertial frame of reference.

--
                                                          - Warp