POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned : Re: Outgunned Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outgunned
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Jan 2009 10:06:11
Message: <49788b63@news.povray.org>
>> Sure, CSS allows you to change colours and add image backgrounds.
>
> That is where you are mistaken. You can control much more than that with CSS.

Sure. You can adjust fonts and colours, add bullets and numbering, draw
line borders and add padding, and several other things besides.

(I did once try delivering raw XML with a CSS stylesheet. I managed to
make it do almost everything HTML does, but with less brokenness.
However, I was forced to stop when I realised that there's no way to
make hyperlinks using CSS...)

> You can control how and where to position things, too.

Yes - but you're only adjusting the default layout. (E.g., adding more
space around a specific item than is the default.) It's not like you can
invent totally new layouts from scratch.

> Have a look at http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

I'm not sure why everybody thinks W3 Schools is so good... I find most
of their material to be vague and unhelpful.