POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned : Re: Outgunned Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outgunned
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Jan 2009 08:26:18
Message: <497873fa$1@news.povray.org>
>> No, *this* looks like a simple page to me:
>>
>> http://www.orphi.me.uk/rev1/02-Computers/01-Workings/01-Basic.html
>
> No, that looks like a word document from the 80s ;-)

Yeah - and I'd like to make my website *not* suck quite this badly.

[As an aside... _my_ Word documents *still* look like this! :-P I don't
know what's different about yours.]

>> Quite how you turn something like that into the elaborate construction
>> I mentioned I have no idea. (E.g., somehow changing the text size
>> doesn't break the alignment of the individual image elements...)
>
> Learn about the div tag and how to set the location, size, colour,
> borders, margins etc for it.

Or, perhaps more usefully, figure out how this is useful for something?

> *This* is a complex page:
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/

Yes. And I'm not sure I really like it that much. (And you *certainly*
couldn't describe it as being pretty.)