POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Warp
Date: 22 Jan 2009 05:33:02
Message: <49784b5e@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> If we assume blackholes exist, without much evidence so far

  The GR equations seem to work with everything we can measure, at
macroscopic scales. At no point it has been measured that these equations
begin to diverge from reality.

  In other words, we have *no evidence* that the GR equations are not
valid in all possible situations, such as with extremely dense objects.
Thus, until we get evidence of the contrary, the only logical conclusion
is to assume that the equations hold also for extreme situations, for
example when an object collapses to be smaller than its Schwarzschild
radius.

  GR equations might not fully reflect what happens at atomic scales,
but neither do these measures provide any evidence that GR equations
don't work at macroscopic scales.

--
                                                          - Warp