POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : thread count rendertimes unpredictable? : Re: thread count rendertimes unpredictable? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thread count rendertimes unpredictable?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 22 Jan 2009 00:02:37
Message: <4977fded$1@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message
>I don't have more time to work with it today, but I can definitely say
> that the effect seen is related to the overlapping graphs and the
> background.  Eliminating sets of data or the background both have the
> effect of reducing the effect.

Thanks Ben, just posted a reply before seeing this, uploaded a new file
including the missing inc and I will try checking into that more.
I think I eliminated the orthographic camera, sor (raindrops), sphere_sweep,
blob (thermometers) as being the trouble.

Haven't removed the background waves yet, but it's  function
{(sin(cos(x/2)+(y/2))*z/2)*z}  color_map and not sure why that and
overlapping (and layered textures) of the yearly columns would affect thread
count... or why anything would. But like I said before I don't understand
the inner workings of threading.

Bob