POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Language : Re: Language Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Language
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 21 Jan 2009 17:22:53
Message: <4977a03d$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> My mental movie quote database is definitely not lossy!
>
> Oh, but it is, it is. You may remember pieces of this film, but no doubt
> you could not recall every frame in exacting detail for the entire
> length of the feature.

Well, of course. I was just being facetious really, lossy in the sense
that I haven't lost it in the sense that I've still got it!

> Hence it is in fact lossy. Though you my correlate some of the dialog of
> the film with the film, and may be able to recall associated dialog,
> it's guaranteed not to be exactly the same as it was.

How true - unless the wording is particularly distinctive, I'm always
getting the sense of the quote rather than the actual script. Although I
partly blame this on misinformed individuals propagating incorrect
quotes...

> (Unless the hard drive crashes ... )

Yes, I hope you get that fixed without too much hassle.