POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : new C# stuff : Re: new C# stuff Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new C# stuff
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 21 Jan 2009 14:49:36
Message: <49777c50$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/03/13/new-orcas-language-feature-extension-methods.aspx

> You know, I've wanted something like this since the mid 80's. :-)
> Much nicer (and more OO) than "friend" functions, IMO.
>
> It looks like both WinForms and console .NET executables run under Linux
> with mono, too, without recompiling or anything. At least for
> sufficiently simple stuff.  (Ugly buttons etc on Linux, but that's
> probably a question of picking good styling.)

Been using C# 3.0 for a while now. Not necessarily "new". That was so
last year ;)

Anyway ... It is a neat feature, and with linq libraries brought in
using 'using', it adds a ton of extensions to just about anything that
implements IEnumberable, which is part of what makes linq work.

Cool feature, but with great power comes great responsibility...

--
~Mike