POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Jan 2009 14:22:39
Message: <497775ff$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> IIRC it's just the other way round - so you have to turn quite a lot of
> subatomic particles around twice to get them look the same again...?

It's possible I got that wrong.  Indeed, it's possible I don't know anything
at all about the subject that I think I do. :-)  Were this an actual
scientific forum, I'd have shut up a long time ago.

>> It's lost because it cannot influence other particles in the local area. Of
>> course, that's because the particles outside the horizon are a spacelike
>> distance from the particles inside the horizon, so maybe you're right. Maybe
>> it's the equivalent of being outside the cosmological horizon.
>
> Does there exist such a thing? It doesn't have this "one way ticket" thing to it
> like black holes do.

I'm not sure what you speak of.

> AIUI the cosmological horizon is just the distance we can see *now*. Everything
> beyond will become visible to us over time. Theoretically speaking.

Oh, the event horizon. No, I think it's caused by space itself expanding,
due to the big bang sort of thing.  If it all collapses again, that's a
different question.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"