POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Jan 2009 13:00:28
Message: <497762bc$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:17:32 +0100, scott wrote:

>>> Geez how much are you guys paying for TV?!?!
>>
>> $75/month, no premium channels either.  It was $95/month.
>
> Oh wow that is a lot, in the UK you pay the standard TV license which is
> about 10 pounds a month, which gives you about 30 channels IIRC, 5-10 of
> them are pretty good the rest pants.  You can subscribe to SkyTV via
> satellite which costs 15 pounds a month, but that's just for the basic
> channels.  If you want all the premium channels and HD it's about 50
> pounds a month.
>
> I just have a big satellite dish that receives all the free SkyTV
> channels, so no monthly subscription at all, and I get the 5-10 pretty
> good channels, plus 990 crap ones :-)

Yeah, we get something like 150 channels currently, but we only watch
about 6-8 of them consistently.  I would really like it if Comcast would
give us a "build your own package" option, where you pay per channel and
select only what you want.  Or maybe the reverse of that, they bill you
only for the channels you watch programs on.  Kinda like the idea hotels
have where you can start a movie for 10 minutes or so, and after that
they bill you for it.

Heck, they could charge per program and get rid of the advertisers.  Now
that's something I'd back.

Jim