POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama : Re: President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: President Obama
From: John VanSickle
Date: 21 Jan 2009 12:40:16
Message: <49775e00@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:

> Bush may have been the worst President in my lifetime.   Nixon screwed up,
> was paranoid, etc.  Carter just didn't seem to know what to do.  But Bush
> seemed to do whatever the **** he wanted, and never bothered to explain why
> to anyone, least of all the American people.  World opinion could have been
> swayed to some extent if he had given it a reasonable attempt, but he never
> did.

Perhaps he noted that they hated the US before any American presently
alive was born, and decided that courting their opinion was a waste of
time.  Perhaps he noted that courting world opinion required the chronic
habit of making unrewarded sacrifices and unreciprocated concessions.
Perhaps he noted that the press had made a habit of distorting anything
he said, so he decided that saying nothing was the wisest course of action.

> Obama will not be pulling out of Iraq any time soon.  Dates will lapse.  New
> reasons for staying will be given.  Left-wing activists will begin to
> realize that, "OMG!  He's a politician!"  The economy isn't going to pick up
> any time soon.  Lucky for him, at least, it has probably bottomed out now.
> But in the meantime, he gets the benefit of being a very new fresh face that
> appears to be 180 degrees from Bush.

I think a rude awakening is in store for a lot of his supporters.

Regards,
John