POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Current trends : Re: Current trends Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Current trends
From: nemesis
Date: 21 Jan 2009 11:25:59
Message: <49774c97@news.povray.org>
> Every time I turn out to a clan meeting, everybody brings along their
> uber-gaming rig. You know the kind of thing - insanely over-styled
> casing with big transparent windows, fans that light up, internal case
> lighting, elaborate watercooling systems with polished chrome fans,
> multiple graphics cards the size of a car, high-capacity HDs in
> front-loading hot-swap drive bays, etc etc.

I don't understand the appeal of churning out lots of money to turn a
hammer into a kitsch object.

But then again, computer to a layman is nothing but a gateway to games,
music and video -- with some office software used to spellcheck emails
to justify the price as opposed to a mere games console.  Beautiful
keyboard, mouse, monitor and casing are far more important than whatever
is on the inside -- the computer itself...