POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : thread count rendertimes unpredictable? : Re: thread count rendertimes unpredictable? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thread count rendertimes unpredictable?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 Jan 2009 07:23:28
Message: <497713c0$1@news.povray.org>
I put the files at http://0mniverse.com/public/37threads2slow.zip so if
anyone else wants to check whether it renders much slower with
Work_Threads=2 in the 3.7 beta they could do so.

When emailing it to Ben I forgot about the clockmod.inc being used and you
would need to get that from http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/clockmod.html
if you don't have it already. Also not sure about the fonts... everyone
might not have the ones I do and I didn't check which ones I used. If any
errors occur when attempting to render I think switching the fonts for
others shouldn't change rendertime.

You're welcome to use the files in part yourselves if you wish, if sense can
be made of my SDL, I just don't want the whole thing used for what I am
using it for since I'm putting the resultant graph online already. Doubt
that needed to be said...

Bob