POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2009 18:42:07
Message: <4976614f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Just because, according to quantum mechanics, a particle can interact
> over great distances with no delay doesn't mean that *information* can
> be transferred over that distance without the delay

I think you're right. Indeed, most recent tests on Bell's Inequality seem to
indicate that the non-local variables indeed do not exist. I didn't at first
understand what you were saying.

But we weren't talking about information. My comment was in response to you
saying that particles can't be transported out of a black hole. That is
essentially what Hawking radiation is. However, since Hawking radiation is
random, information is not leaving the black hole.

In other words, I think we're agreeing with each other.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"