POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama : Re: President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: President Obama
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Jan 2009 18:20:39
Message: <49765c47$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:44:59 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   If that's so, then why was he elected a second time?

Both times Bush was elected it was controversial.  I'm still angry with
Gore for not fighting harder for the Florida recount the first time
around.

But as for why he was elected either time:  Karl Rove.  He's a bastard,
but a smart bastard, and he knows how to say what people want to hear.

>   Sounds to me like at least half of the voters didn't agree with you.

The presidential election isn't a popular vote, it's a representative
vote.  That means you can lose the popular vote and still win.

Jim