POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:50:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2009 16:33:23
Message: <49764323$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Thinking about it, unless I'm completely mistaken, quantum mechanics
> doesn't disagree with the notion that *information* cannot be transported
> at superluminal speeds (even if quantum effects can).

QM doesn't show that particles cannot be transported at superluminal speeds.
Indeed, you have to take superluminal speeds into account when you're doing
the infinite sums in order to make them come out.

GR says information cannot be transported at superluminal speeds, which is
why Bell's Inequality is of interest.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"