POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Warp
Date: 20 Jan 2009 16:04:03
Message: <49763c43@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   If quantum teleportation exists, I wonder if it would be theoretically
> > possible to teleport a particle out of a black hole.

> And therein lies the clash of QED and GR. :-)

  Thinking about it, unless I'm completely mistaken, quantum mechanics
doesn't disagree with the notion that *information* cannot be transported
at superluminal speeds (even if quantum effects can).

  Transporting a particle out of a black hole, which in practice would be
getting information out of the black hole, would require superluminal speed,
so it would violate this basic principle.

--
                                                          - Warp