POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2009 14:45:35
Message: <497629df$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Yeah, but presumably all that will do is show up the graininess of the
> film in greater detail. It's not like they shoot it in 3500mm film, is it?

Movie theatre film is pretty fine resolution. I think you could easily get
1920 pixels across the screen. Even the digitally-recorded Star Wars movies
were something like 1280 or 1024 or so. (Of course, they were tri-color
pixels, so it's more than a normal megapixel camera would take.)

> PS. The "G" key on my keyboard is dying, and it's *really* starting to
> annoy me...

Pop the cap and fish out the grunge. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"