POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DFT and FFT : Re: DFT and FFT Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DFT and FFT
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 20 Jan 2009 10:04:32
Message: <4975e800$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Sounds pretty interesting.
>
> Personally I'd love to implement something like that myself - but I
> don't have access to anything that can talk to the sound hardware. :-(
>
> (Haskell has a binding for libSDL - but it doesn't work on Windoze.)

I know this is probably painful, but ... under the windows platform does
Haskell have access to COM libraries? DirectX uses COM, you may be able
to use DirectSound (or is it DirectShow, now?) via its COM interfaces..

Either than or write a simple C Dll, and import the functions from that
DLL into the Haskell application.

You'll of course need to download the DirectX SDK for that to work.

--
~Mike