POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: scott
Date: 20 Jan 2009 09:46:27
Message: <4975e3c3$1@news.povray.org>
> None of the BBC channels feature adverts, except for themselves. The big
> benefit those who moan about this 'tax' is that there exists two
> children's channels (young-uns and not so young-uns) that have no
> advertising.

The main benefit for me is sports, like tennis, Formula 1, snooker, darts,
(some) football etc, that you get to see totally uninterupted and totally
free from annoying adverts that they shove in your face at every opportunity
on other channels.  If only there was some cricket on the BBC, and all
sports were shown in HD then I'd probably even pay the license fee :-)