POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: scott
Date: 20 Jan 2009 09:44:27
Message: <4975e34b$1@news.povray.org>
>> I assume then if they charge every household a fee for the privilege to
>> watch TV, they don't have any advertisements?
>
> No - just not as *many* adverts. ;-)

Actually on BBC channels there are no adverts at all, apart from trailers
for other BBC programs and services.  These usually come in the form of 1-3
short trailers *between* each program, never during a program.

> (E.g., Formula 1 is coming back to the BBC, so now you can watch the
> entire race without an advert break every 20 minutes. There will still be
> a whole heap of adverts before it starts, and after it ends, just not
> while the actual race is happening.)

From what I remember when F1 used to be on the BBC, you certainly got a good
30 minutes of coverage before the race starts, and another good 30 minutes
at the end.  Not a single advert (for another BBC product) in sight.  If you
really hate the BBC adverts so much, then you can often just press the red
button and watch sports that way, there you really see nothing apart from
the actual event.