POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: scott
Date: 20 Jan 2009 09:38:16
Message: <4975e1d8$1@news.povray.org>
> Not even then, they changed the rules - if you watch programmes via
> something like the BBC's iPlayer which doesn't require a tuner of any
> description you'll need a licence.

Do you have a reference, only reason I ask is that on the TV licensing
website it says:

"You do not need a TV Licence to view video clips on the internet, as long
as what you are viewing is not being shown on TV at the same time as you are
viewing it."

To me that seems pretty clear that you don't need a license to use iPlayer.