POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Warp
Date: 20 Jan 2009 09:34:03
Message: <4975e0da@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   However, if you read the explanation carefully, none of the images
> simulates what happens *inside* the event horizon. All of them are from
> the outside, closer and closer to the event horizon. The last image is
> "taken" from a distance of 1.005rs, where 'rs' is the Schwarzschild radius,
> ie. the radius at which the event horizon is located.

  Btw, if it's not clear why the universe seems to shrink into a small
circle above as you get closer to the event horizon, I drew a picture.
It demonstrates the reverse light paths which arrive at the observer
(ie. like reverse raytracing), which shows why most of the field of
view is covered by the event horizon when you are close enough to it:

http://warp.povusers.org/snaps/EventHorizon.png

--
                                                          - Warp