POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: scott
Date: 20 Jan 2009 08:31:23
Message: <4975d22b@news.povray.org>
> All I know is that I'm still miffed that when I finally get a place of my
> own, I'm going to have to pay for a TV license even though I don't own a
> TV and have no intension of watching TV.

If you never watch TV you don't need a license...

> (Apparently it's technically possible to watch TV using a computer, and I
> do own one of those, so...)

...but, it's a good idea to then remove all hardware capable of receiving TV
signals, so that it is beyond reasonable doubt that you never watch TV.
This means taking out the TV tuner card and packing it away somewhere.  They
can't fine you unless they have proof you are watching TV, so I wouldn't
worry.