POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Language : Re: Language Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Language
From: scott
Date: 20 Jan 2009 05:48:20
Message: <4975abf4$1@news.povray.org>
> I did do an experiment where I picked a random page from the dictionary
> and read the first word off it. It took a *loooong* time before I came
> across a word I didn't already clearly recognise.

Many dictionaries miss out a lot of words to make them more compact though,
eg the Oxford English Dictionary has 301k main entries, but more "normal"
ones you buy in shops contain way fewer (like only 100k).  Given that I
guess they chop out the 200k least used words, I guess there will be many
more that you don't know.