POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Jan 2009 20:03:29
Message: <497522e1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   (Btw, that image might not be totally correct, as it seems to lack
> red-shifting of the light closer to the event horizon...)

There's clearly redshift a ways out from the horizon. I believe what you see
between the red ring and the horizon is light that has been "slingshotted"
around the hole - that is, you're seeing stars from behind your back. That
light would blue-shift going in, and red-shift coming out again, to balance
out.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?