POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Project an image : Re: Project an image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:28:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project an image
From: Chris B
Date: 19 Jan 2009 17:07:46
Message: <4974f9b2$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4974f4164569eb9e9b482c50@news.povray.org...
> "brunosan" <bru### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> The idea is to create a virtual projector. I want to use an image and see
>> how it
>> projects over diferent shapes.
>
> projected_through?

I didn't try 'projected_through', but going by the documentation it looks to
me as though it just defines the shape of the light.

The way I've simulated a projector in the past is to use filter all 1 on a
plane that uses an image_map as a pigment. For example:

camera {location <-0.74, 0.65, -3> look_at 0}
box {0,1 pigment {rgb 1}}
cylinder {0,y,0.4 pigment {rgb 1} translate -x}

light_source {<0,0,-400> color rgb 1}
plane {z,-300
  pigment {
    image_map {jpeg "your_image.jpg"