POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Language : Re: Language Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Language
From: andrel
Date: 19 Jan 2009 17:17:08
Message: <4974FC4C.8060501@hotmail.com>
On 19-Jan-09 16:37, Invisible wrote:
> scott wrote:
>
>> Try writing out every word you know :-)
>
> I did this once. In fact, just nouns. You know what? I know a crapload
> of words!! o_O
>
> If you sit down and actually try to record every single iota of
> information in your brain, it's really quite surprising how much is in
> there. I don't think people realise this...
Sometimes I hear a piece of music that I haven't heard in a long time
but had it e.g. on a cassette tape once. I still know every tick and
speck of noise and what it faded into. When hearing a new arrangement of
a familiar song I usually get it after a few lines and then remember
often what line comes next. So for hundreds if not thousands of songs I
both remember the instrumentation and errors, implying that I have at
least a 'fourier transform' recorded and I have also stored the meaning,
which is IIRC in a totally different place in the brain. Oh and I also
do remember the video clip when hearing just the song.