POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: scott
Date: 19 Jan 2009 10:28:43
Message: <49749c2b$1@news.povray.org>
> I like the idea that OLED has such an incredible viewing angle, superior
> contrast ...

Most fairly new LCD TVs will offer up to 176 degrees or something ridiculous
of viewing angle, there really isn't much difference anymore between LCD and
OLED on viewing angle.

Contrast I'll agree there is still a gap in performance, but LCD is rapidly
closing the gap.

> what I don't like is that like plasma, it will likely suffer burn-in.

There's plenty of clever ways around that, but of course they add cost.

The deciding question will be, can LCD close the contrast gap enough before
OLED can compete on price?  It's certainly going to be interesting.