POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:42:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: scott
Date: 19 Jan 2009 10:25:02
Message: <49749b4e@news.povray.org>
> I hadn't realised that this could very by channel. I assumed there was
> just a standard that says "Digital TV = MPEG2 at X Mbit/sec". I'll have to
> investigate. Hmm, I wonder what a DVD looks like?

No, there is certainly scope for different bit-rates on different channels.

> By the way... Watching the snooker, I could actually see the pattern of
> the felt on the table (and the depth of field of the camera)!

Unfortunately I just got too tired to stay up last night and watch the final
few frames.

Just waiting until more stuff goes on free HD (mainly sports like snooker
and F1) and then I'll get an HD box, should be able to see more felt pattern
then :-)