POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Jan 2009 10:09:40
Message: <497497b4$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scart
>
> Wow, looks like some strange modification of a VGA connector.

Except it's about 4x the size of a VGA connector, and the pinout is
utterly unrelated.

> Convenient, though. So you connect your VCR with one cable, then?

Indeed.

In the old days, you'd connect the RF arial to the VCR, and another RF
lead from the VCR to the TV, and tune the TV to a special channel when
you want to see the signal from the VCR. (I hope it doesn't clash with
one of your local channels!)

That's because in the old days, a TV would have an RF input, and that's
it. But then people figured out that, actually, RF-modulated signals
look *rubbish*, so various other connections were invented. SCART is the
most popular, since one big connector delivers picture and stereo sound
(though obviously only one video channel, and no telitext).

I have no idea what HDMI delivers. Seems to work nicely though... Only