POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Jan 2009 09:55:25
Message: <4974945d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> I hadn't realised that this could very by channel. I assumed there was
> just a standard that says "Digital TV = MPEG2 at X Mbit/sec". I'll have
> to investigate. Hmm, I wonder what a DVD looks like?

Essentially that is what DTV is. OTA (Over the air) here in the U.S. has
a set amount of bandwidth. Enough for an HD signal, and several
sub-channels. Most of the local network stations have their main
channel, a weather channel, and a 24hour local news channel.

*Most* DVDs look quite nice. You'll still notice compression in fast
action scenes, though, especially if the encoding was managed poorly.

--
~Mike