POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ooo... : Re: Ooo... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ooo...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Jan 2009 09:43:38
Message: <4974919a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> But now I'm watching TV on a big LCD TV, suddenly there seems to be MPEG
> artifacts all over the place! o_O

My projection TV is like that. Less obvious on the HD channels, the
cable system here generally compresses the "less glamorous" channels to
death. It's pretty obvious. The HD channels are usually very sharp and
crisp, only showing MPEG blocking during sections where the picture
changes rapidly.

> Heh, I guess the old CRT was just too blury for it to show up! ;-)

Maybe.. I'll hold out of the new OLED sets to become mainstream before I
trade in my TV, though, it is a CRT projector, but HD...

I like the idea that OLED has such an incredible viewing angle, superior
contrast ...

what I don't like is that like plasma, it will likely suffer burn-in.
--
~Mike