POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Radiosity POV 3.6 vs. 3.7 vs. MCPov : Re: Got it!: Server Time
18 May 2024 17:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Got it!:
From: Ive
Date: 19 Jan 2009 09:24:09
Message: <49748d09$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Internally, the indirect illumination intensity is referred to as "ambient";
> maybe this led to some mixup of variables, causing this indirect illumination
> intensity to be mistakenly used as ambient term for additional texture layers -
> or something along these lines. Or it is just summed up for layered textures,
> instead of being weighted properly.

Just to make it clear. The layered textures did not cause this problem,
(maybe they cause artifacts if the max_trace_level is not high enough,
but this is another story). It is just the patterned texture statement.

texture {
   checker // or anything else
   texture {T1}, texture {T2}
}

And as mentioned in my other post, something strange does happen with
texture maps even when no radiosity is involved.

-Ive