POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: St
Date: 19 Jan 2009 07:20:52
Message: <49747024$1@news.povray.org>
news:49746c99$1@news.povray.org...
>>> You telling me I'm lazy now?
>>
>>  LOL, no, not at all, but I think you'll have a shock if you get a job
>> that pays good money. They'll keep you on your toes for their money,
>> that's for sure, but I'm sure you could handle it. :)
>
> As ridiculous as that sounds... I could actually go for some interesting
> challenges to tackle. Right now I'm *inventing* them.
>
> Need to back up that server? Maybe we could use the COPY command? Or
> perhaps I could design, implement and test a program written in Haskell to
> do the job?
>
> Want to allow others to check whether the backup job succeeded? Maybe I
> could delegate some admin rights? Or maybe I could develop an MS-DOS
> script that scans the log folder, finds the newest job log, copies it to a
> temporary folder, concanenates it with a custom-written PostScript program
> implementing a text-formatting engine, thus transforming the text file
> into a PostScript page description, map LPT2: to a network printer, and
> copy the file to that, thus printing it?

  There, you see? To me, you're a damn clever guy. There's no way on this
earth that I could do anything like that.

> Need a cup of coffee? Maybe I could... uh... implement some kind of Tcl
> script to... er... tell you when it's coffee time or something?

 LOL, yeah, I need some coffee right now... :)

> Kinda running out of ideas here...
>
>>   Seriously though, if you use their internet the way that you have been
>> with your present company, and they find out, you may be out of a job
>> quicker than you think. That's all.
>
> Well let's hope I can find a job that involves me doing stuff that's more
> interesting than loafing around a newserver, eh? ;-)
>
> (Surely that can't be especially hard...? A job being more interesting,
> that is. FINDING could be quite hard.)

      I really don't see your problem, you have the knowledge and skill no
doubt about that. Just keep trying, and apply for *loads* of jobs! And not
just the big companies, try smaller companies too. You'll get there!  :)

    Hey, just thought, have you tried BT? They pay good money and there
might be something for you with them.

       ~Steve~