POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How much do games crash on your PC? : Re: How much do games crash on your PC? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much do games crash on your PC?
From: scott
Date: 19 Jan 2009 05:54:26
Message: <49745be2$1@news.povray.org>
>  For the last 4 years approximately 90% of games crash sooner or later in
> my WinXP system.

> Lately
> this hasn't been happening, which might coincide with me buying a new
> graphics card.

Hehe I had similar with an old Ti-4200 3D card, on almost every game, after
a 5 or 10 mins of gameplay some random triangles would flicker across the
screen.  This would gradually get worse and then either the game would crash
or the system would totally hang.  I put it down to some bad RAM on the GFX
card, I never found out the actual cause because I just replaced the whole
card and it solved the problem.