POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Jan 2009 23:45:55
Message: <49740583$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>>> He's also The guy who defined man and woman. ;)
>> No he isn't. Once you leap from "the creator of the Big Bang" to "the guy
>> who tells you how you run your life", that's when I get annoyed.
>
> How you go from "guy who defined man and woman" to "guy who tells you how you
> run your life"?

We call it Proposition 8, making it impossible (for example) for one man to
designate another man as the person to make emergency medical decisions for
him, requiring him to choose a female instead.

Sharia is pretty harsh on homosexuality as well.

If you want your god to "define" man and woman without assigning any roles,
I'm cool with that too. Sadly, I don't believe there are many people who
think God cares about which is a man and which is a woman that doesn't also
believe that some combinations deserve punishment.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?