POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 00:02:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: St
Date: 18 Jan 2009 20:16:53
Message: <4973d485$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:24:14 +0000, St. wrote:
>
>>> Well there seem to be plenty of people where I work who have been there
>>> only a month or two and are already best mates with just about
>>> everybody. But I've been there for *years*, and still nobody wants to
>>> know me.
>>
>>       No, you *assume* that they are best mates. Yes, some might be, but
>> be honest, most there will have 'best mates' outside of work.
>
> Agreed.  The thing I've found interesting as I've moved from job to job
> is the speed with which one disconnects from coworkers' lives.

    You're not kidding. I know so many people that I could have easily been
long-time friends with long after I left my places of employment. There's
one guy that I really want to get in touch with one day, (notice I said "one
day" lol. You know what I mean.) His nickname was 'Speed' because to us,
(his workmates) he was so slow at doing his job. Well, back then he was a
great guy, but now, I really don't have a clue as to what he's like, but in
truth, he probably isn't as slow as he was, and I bet he would smile if I
met him and called him by his nickname again. :)

> There are a very few I keep in touch with from older jobs, but generally,
> people I would go to lunch with every day and have great conversations
> with I just don't talk to any more.

 Yep, that's how it goes unfortunately. I think you and I could agree that
we just 'move on'. (Which in a weird sort of way is supposed to happen in
life I think. I don't know, call it 'progression' if you like).

     ~Steve~