POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Jan 2009 15:02:35
Message: <49738adb$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:24:14 +0000, St. wrote:

>> Well there seem to be plenty of people where I work who have been there
>> only a month or two and are already best mates with just about
>> everybody. But I've been there for *years*, and still nobody wants to
>> know me.
>
>       No, you *assume* that they are best mates. Yes, some might be, but
> be honest, most there will have 'best mates' outside of work.

Agreed.  The thing I've found interesting as I've moved from job to job
is the speed with which one disconnects from coworkers' lives.

There are a very few I keep in touch with from older jobs, but generally,
people I would go to lunch with every day and have great conversations
with I just don't talk to any more.

Jim