POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Jan 2009 14:27:52
Message: <497382b8$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> never be able to make friends. Thus, there is no reason for me to
> continue to be alive, and I might as well die now.

> Besides, I was under the impression that it's "normal" to be nervous
> when you're standing around on your own somewhere, not sure where you're
> going, surrounded by strangers. I mean, unless you're super-confident...

If there is no reason to continue to be alive, there is no reason to be
nervous about anything anywhere. Go someplace, get out of the car, start
walking, and go "hey, the worst that happens is I die, and I don't have to
worry about anything any more."  :-)

[Yes, I'm actually serious about this.]

> Yeah. My mum always goes to great lengths to remind me that I'd be a
> terrible boyfriend and that I should just give up, etc.

Your mum sounds like half the problem. Get over it. :-)

> (My sister moved to Hull - do you know where Hull is? - and she still
> got harassed at least once a week.)

You need to take Mum by the horns, methinks. Hard to do when you live at
home, tho.

> Or, better yet, find a job somewhere nicer, that pays *actual money*,
> and then move there?

That too.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)