POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 18 Jan 2009 13:24:34
Message: <497373e2$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> Free will.
>
> Just so you know, that's a very pat answer. Perhaps you should think
> about this more deeply, and give a response (if only to yourself) that
> actually makes a little more sense.
>
> Would "free will" be the same answer as to why people pray to be cured
> of prostate cancer but not be mad at God that they got cancer in the
> first place? If so, what decision did they make that gave them cancer of
> their own free will?

I should think it more deeply? are you sure is not the other way around?

Cancer and other stuff is part of Nature, how it works.

As I stated on another post is IMO good to ask God for a cure because
God helps you complete your goal when you have done all you can.

God leaves nature alone until He see fir to intervene, this is what
theists/religious people have deducted (nobody can't tell how God thinks
or act, we deduct from facts attributed to Him/Her/It) over time.