POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 00:00:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: St
Date: 18 Jan 2009 08:16:48
Message: <49732bc0@news.povray.org>
news:497315a4$1@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>
>>      The thing is Andrew, to me, you seem to be waiting for it to happen
>> to 'you', and I can tell you now that if you don't get 'out there', it
>> won't happen - well, not unless you're the most luckiest guy in the world
>> that is. And you're not.
>>
>>     Time to get 'out there' properly methinks Andrew, and as I said
>> before, go for it.
>
> Yes. Because of course, I've *never* tried doing that, have I? :-P

      But you don't do anything *consistantly*! You're flittering from here
to there like a blue-assed fly and not giving anything a chance. How do you
think you're going to meet someone when you're not there the next time. It
can take months, even years to 'get to know' someone. I was listening to the
radio a few weeks ago about relationships, the subject was along the lines
of "Can a relationship work when you're friends first". IIRC, there was a
lady talking about the man she now loves and is happily married to, but they
were friends for something like 20 years before they got together.

  Point is, you've just got to give something time, choose something that
you like doing, and stick with it.

> [Actually I've tried all sorts of things to "get out there" and "meet
> people". None of them have worked.]

    Well, sorry, but there must be something wrong with you. When I met you
in London, you were a bag of nerves. It seemed to me that nearly everything
frightened you, worried you, like you've never met *anyone* in your life.
That's something that you're just going to *have* to defeat because it
really isn't good for you.

    To be honest, I seriously wonder how you would be if you did get a
girlfriend, really. Over possessive? You're gonna have to watch that one,
it's a killer for the girls. When she wants to go clubbing until all hours
of the morning, and you don't, how are going to feel and handle it? I could
go on, there's a huge list that you just don't know about yet, but I won't
spoil it for you, lol. ;)

    Honestly, get out of your mums house, just get out, out, out. And don't
give that rubbish about not being able to afford it, you can afford a place
easily. You just don't get it though do you. If you moved out, your life
*changes*, and probably dramatically, whether for good or bad, but at least
whichever way it goes, it will be *your* decisions in which way you go in
life, and nothing to do with your mum.

   Potential Girlfriend: "Where do you live Andy?" <------- This is VERY
good. +1

   Andy: "At home with my Mum."  <------- This is NOT good. -1

   PG: "Oh..."  <------- This is NOT good. -1

    You see?

   Find a place close to your works, that way, you'll save a load on fuel at
least.

       ~Steve~