POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 17 Jan 2009 22:40:28
Message: <4972a4ab@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> It just seems that every time I post some long and wordy post about
> something, Warp replies with a 1-line reply saying "you spelt that
> wrong". When I've just spent ages writing something, a meta-comment
> about something that is both obvious and irrelevant isn't what I'm
> really seeking.

It means that's the *only* thing he found wrong!

> My point is that knowing, rationally, that something is true doesn't
> necessarily help you *believe* it. Ever tried rock climbing? Sure, I
> *know* that nothing bad can possibly happen to me... but I'm still
> pretty terrified, all the same! o_O

I've been told that tooth ache is much more painful than tooth removal (with
anesthetic), and rationally I believe it's true. Tooth is still there in my
mouth.

Last time I attempted going to the dentist (like two years ago), I came out
crying and screaming.

...before the dentist even started.

Rational thought sometimes doesn't work...