POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jan 2009 17:25:28
Message: <49725ad8@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> You call me ignorant,

You call us fearful and cold-hearted. It isn't personal. :-)

> I put excuses to delude myself in airy tail
> because Science and specially you have an answer to everything,

No! No no no!  We do *not* have an answer to everything!

That's exactly the point! *You* have the answer to everything, namely God is
the answer to everything for which you don't already have a better answer.

Most atheists are pretty happy saying "Gee, I don't know how that works."

> I see is just a scared man afraid and angry man because someone pointed
> the possibility of a spiritual side of thigs,

You're deluding yourself if you apply this to me. I'm neither afraid nor
angry, except to the point that religious people are so certain they have
the answer to everything that they screw up my life.

> all, right, there are things that don't have and probably will never
> have a rational explanation there

But we're not afraid of not having all the answers, nor are we angry about it.

> outthere and you and Darren simply make evry effort not to see them,

See, here's the thing. You have this image of what we are, what we're like,
why we are that way. No matter what we say, you think we're doing it to
defend ourselves against the reasonableness that is "Saul's God exists."

We're not making every effort not to see them. We (at least I) am talking to
you, trying to see it. You're just failing to make it clear to *me*. Just
because it's clear to you doesn't mean that I don't see it because I'm
trying to avoid seeing it. In truth, it's really not obvious.

> hahahaha and I'm  deluded? oh, think againg, maybe Nature does it all
> but has this non-material side or there is actually a spiritual world
> and you are the ignorant here.

Maybe! I think that's probably closer to truth. That doesn't mean I believe
in your diety, tho.

  > And on all those studies you have, as a very eloquent, logical, rational
> trolling pro, did you made the majored in manners, kindness or do you
> even have a friends and family that you actually love or you are just a
> cold, pedant, disrespectful, longly and scared guy? Oh you stated you
> are not scared... hahaha, yeah, right...

Annnnnd... That's All, Folks!

Canned theist having nothing less to say response number twenty-seven:
"I told you you should believe in my god. Since you don't, you obviously
either secretly do and refuse to admit it because you're afraid, or you're a
subhuman monster. Likely both."

Once again, we see the "you can't *really* love your friends and family,
because you don't believe in my diety" statement. Just so you know, that's
exceedingly insulting.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?