POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jan 2009 16:54:46
Message: <497253a6@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> I think an Atheist maybe would be too rational for a situation like
> this, and try to find a reasonable solution being cold thinking and
> maybe endangering the child, when actually the best solution is go more
> with your feelings on that small time interval. I'm not saying Atheist
> can't love.

Here, it certainly sounds like what you're saying is "I love my child more
than you love yours, because I'm willing to pray to my God for my child's
welfare and you're not."  Have I got that straight?

If not, what am I missing?

Do you think atheists are cold-hearted? That they don't have feelings? That
it's irrational to attempt to move the car without divine intervention?

Would you consider yourself cold-thinking and rational if you got in this
situation, prayed to God, still weren't able to move the car, and you didn't
try to invoke the Force from Star Wars? Why not? You've *seen* Yoda lift an
entire X-wing fighter.  (I'm completely serious with this question. Why
wouldn't you try praying to Zeus, Satan, and then using the Force?)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?