POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jan 2009 13:58:15
Message: <49722a47$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> And there is no observation, or combination of observations, which is
> inconsistent with the existence of God, nor can there ever be such.

First, define God.

 > All proofs of atheism rest on one or more premises that are assumed to be
> true without evidence.

It's a different kind of proof.  I can prove that distilled water is not a
significant cause of cancer, but that doesn't lead to absolute certainty.

Plus, most atheists don't claim there is no God, but only that there's no
reason to think there is.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?