POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been working in a lab too long when... : Re: You know you've been working in a lab too long when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been working in a lab too long when...
From: John VanSickle
Date: 17 Jan 2009 01:24:53
Message: <497179b5$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> 8. You've wondered why you can't drink distilled water in the lab - It
> should be clean?

Your spit will contaminate it, silly!

> 21. You are strangely proud of the collection of junk you've stolen from
> vendors at trade shows

You don't have to steal--they're happy to give the stuff away.  (Except
for the vendor rep's laptop and demo models.  They need those.)  The
Pentagon hosts vendor shows about every two months or so, and in
addition to the finger food buffet (sponsored by the vendors), there's
always some nice logoed memorabilia up for grabs.  I have a mouse pad
with the AMD logo on it, a yo-yo (real Duncan brand) with some other
vendor's name, a racquetball with another logo, plus assorted pens,
pencils, and highlighting markers, key chains, and so on.

Regards,
John