POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Jan 2009 22:03:58
Message: <49714a9e$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Interesting how we evolved, and saying we don't is being biased
> blindsided toward a religion, there is a ton of documentary videos on TV
> I've seen (and I'm sure is only a small number) where there is more than
> just probable cause of evolution from one spices into another, in some
> cases not definitive evidence in others not enough but you feel there
> must be some kind of logical connection, because Nature simply works
> that way: Biology in bio-/chemistry, chemistry in atomic physics, so
> evolution is a fact of the universe, fascinating...

Hmm. Point in your favor, you are not a creationist.. lol Oh, nothing
interesting bit, they have finally manage to make a "test" condition
where two very simple RNA sequences, placed in a medium containing only
the "chemicals" needed to make more, result in a continuous process by
which chemical A and B produce E, which then propagates itself, until it
runs out of chemicals. And, like regular RNA/DNA replications, each
"replica" made has slight "mutations" in the structure, do to copy
errors. This puts the difference between life and chemistry at...
roughly the same point as accidentally spilling lemon juice on two
different metal electrodes. The "precise" conditions, or exact
"original" RNA pattern that likely happened is still unknown, but its
been shown that, once you have something able to make copies, even if it
"has to" work with something else to do it, you don't need anything else
to keep it going, just raw materials.

But, it still brings up the question of, "Why is the rest of the stuff
about god true, if the basics, at the start, are dead wrong?"

Course, someone else made a jibe about the whole three different
versions of events in Genesis by stating, "Well, of course something
existed before God. Do you see 'anything' suggesting that he 'created'
the firmament, or the sky itself? No, he breaths upon the waters that
are already there, to start the whole mess. Doesn't that kind of make
him at least a 'little' less impressive to start with, if he had to have
something to start it all from?"

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {